Here are a few healthy tips to get you through the weekend!
And don’t forget…
1. Replace pop with water– spice up your water! My favourite is a glass of water with lemon and/or mint and/or cucumber slices. Get creative & nourish yourself!
2. Swap candy with dates. Have you tried a date before? Well let me tell you; they are natures candy! Eat it plain (they do have a pit in the middle); add to a smoothie, a fruit salad, baking or cut open and add your favourite nut butter! Again, get creative!
3. Cucumbers for Crackers/Chips! Swap the crackers for cucumber slices and top with your favourite toppings (humus, salsa, guacamole).
4. Eat your greens! Not a fan of green leafy vegetables? That’s okay, throw a handful or two of spinach into a smoothie and you won’t even know it’s in there!
5. Replace carbs with produce! Use spaghetti squash in place of pasta noodles; use zucchini slices in place of lasagna noodles, use a leafy green (swiss chard, romaine, spinach, etc.) of choice in place of a whole wheat wrap or hamburger bun; and use apple slices instead of bread for your nut butter sandwich!
Trying to decide which green to eat? Here is some helpful information!
Happy Friday and have a fabulous weekend! Spend some time outside, be active, enjoy the fresh air & eat delicious healthy food!