Today for breakfast: ICE CREAM!! The best part about being an adult is being able to eat ice cream for breakfast! How great is that?! Let me explain… and you’ll understand that this is a healthy ice cream that is allowed on the breakfast menu.
You’ll need: a blender. *I use my Blendtec and it has an ice cream setting that works great. Before my Blendtec made its debut, I used my Magic Bullet or a good old blender and both of those got the job done!
Ingredients: Serves 1
-1 frozen banana *A great health tip: I cut my bananas up into smaller chunks and keep in the freezer. Frozen bananas make a smoothie so much creamier OR use for ice cream.
-1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
-1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
-Dash of cinnamon
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until you have a smooth & creamy ice cream! How easy is that?!
If your blender is having trouble making a creamy ice cream, feel free to add a tablespoon of nut milk of choice or a little water. Do not add too much.
How good does that look?! and trust me, it has the same texture as ice cream!
Now not to worry if you don’t have raspberries and blueberries on hand or if you aren’t a berry lover! All you really need to make this ice cream is frozen bananas. I’m a banana lover so some days I will just double up on banana’s and make a plain banana ice cream. What I am saying is that you just need the frozen banana’s to make the creamy ice cream texture but get creative with your ice cream flavours. Here are a few of my favourites:
– Frozen banana, peppermint oil & raw cacao nibs = Mint Chocolate Chip
– Frozen banana & peanut butter = peanut butter ice cream
– Frozen banana, frozen mango or pineapple & a scoop of Vega lemon-line Sport Pre-workout Energizer = A tropical ice cream perfect before a workout.
– Frozen banana, fresh cherries & raw cacao nibs = Chocolate cherry ice cream
– Frozen banana & cacao powder = chocolate ice cream
Please share your Healthy Vegan Ice Cream creations with me. I love trying new ones!