Breakfast today was a melon goodness! One of my favourite green smoothies!
– 1/2 of a small honeydew melon
– 1/2 of a cantaloupe melon
– 2 handfuls of spinach
*Spinach is a superfood! Add it to your smoothie for the added nutrients it provides. You won’t even know it is in your smoothie because of its neutral taste.
– a handful of mint leaves
– 1/4 of water (adjust this depending on if your blender needs more water or not)
– 5-6 ice cubes.
– A dash of cinnamon
– A dash of ginger
*Cinnamon & ginger are optional. I added them to warm my insides up on this cold Vancouver day. Cinnamon & ginger work well together; even better, they help to balance your blood sugar.
– 1/2 tablespoon of Spirulina (optional).
* I’m a wellness enthusiast so I add spirulina to my smoothies for the superfood benefits it provides. Spirulina offers an array of benefits and helps my happy tummy with digestion.
– 1 tablespoon of Vega Sport Pre-workout Lemon flavour. (optional)
* I love Vegan Sport Pre-workout. It is energizing & wakes me up in the morning! Perfect for my 1st day back at school. The lemon flavour mixes well with the melons & mint.
– Add water, greens & leaves, spices, melon & ice to blender. Blend until smooth. Mine made 4.5 cups- enough to share if you want! Drink it all for your full breakfast meal (that’s what I do because I love it so much) or save some for later! Enjoy it!
Let me know if you added the cinnamon & ginger spices?